Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Photo Update

Hello!

It's been a while since my last update, and I'm about to put up three posts to catch up.  This post will pretty much just be some pictures that I thought were interesting and want to share.  

This was probably the biggest poop I have ever seen.  In my life.  Any guesses on the species?  I'll stick the answer at the end of the post.
A lilac breasted roller.  A very pretty bird.
Don't know the species, but this is a cool frog we found in one of the camera trap cases (the cameras have metal boxes that you put them out in for protection) when we were collecting the SD card.
Oribi--the smallest antelope in the park.
Oribi in action
Sunset on the floodplain
Sunset from Hippo House
An armored katydid.  So cool
Pretty big bug
Watching waterbuck, something I've spent a lot of time doing recently
Bushbuck on a mound!  They like to spend time on the mounds because they provide shade, better nutrition (usually--not really this particular mound), and a good vantage point.
That's some of what I've seen/been doing recently.  In case you're wondering, the photo of poop at the beginning of this post was from buffalo.  A very large male.

Hope everyone in NJ has been handling the heat alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment